Tuesday, May 10, 2005

madrid
Blogging does seem to be taking a bit of a back seat these days. I have to confess this is partly due to having a lack of stuff that I want to write about. I have a load of ideas swirling around in my brain but now is not the right time for them to be thrown out into the world. I'm not even sure blogging is the best way. But anyway, that's only one reason for not blogging.

I've been away again, this time to Madrid for a long weekend with my Spanish friends. Needless to say I had a great time and it was wonderful to see my mates at home in their country and neighbourhoods, to meet their families and see their appartments and stuff. Jacqui and I also went down to Toledo for a day to meet Jorge. Toledo is the old capital and was a real eye opener - a mix of Christian, Jewish and Muslim cultures that I have never seen before in Europe. Here are some photos.

DSCN0153

DSCN0054

Finally, the other reason I've not been blogging so much is that I've been spending a lot of time with a particular person and hence have not been at home too much. It's early days but things are pretty good so far :)

Must dash. Catch up soon with news of my GISBE parcel that arrived today, and also, Thomas' wedding on Saturday! Good luck mate!

Permalink | |