Monday, February 14, 2005

tagged and it
It's been a long time since I was running around a playground in schoolboy shorts chased by girls. I haven't got a bowl cut anymore, thankfully, but it seems that the game of 'it' hasn't gone away. Vivi tagged me at the weekend and now it's my turn. Watch out, I'm coming for ya!


1. What's the total amount of music files on your computer?

I've got about 10Gig of music files on my computer, including Faithless, Archive, Badly Drawn Boy, and of all things, George Brassens. It's all sitting in a directory next to tv stuff like Pimp My Ride and The Magic Roundabout. I confess to blatantly ripping the whole lot off eMule, but in my defense I have actually gone out and bought CDs by all the artists above, except for Brassens because that was more of a get to know French music thing.

2. The last CD you bought was...

The last CD I bought was Londinium by Archive, at the same time as I bought No Roots by Faithless. Told you I'd bought them.

3. The last song you listened to before reading this message was...

Well that was a few days ago now but I am pretty sure that I was listening to Coldplay's Parachutes album so it'll be one of the tracks on there. And before you ask, yes it was on burnt CD. But I only downloaded it five days ago, so give me a break alright?!

4. Write down five songs you listen to or that mean a lot to you.

Hmmm... I'm gonna have to go and sit down next to my music collection and think about that one. Back in a mo... Right, here we go:

* "Pilots" by Goldfrapp. Actually it could be several songs from the Felt Mountain CD because it's one of the best pieces of music I have ever heard. But I choose Pilots because it has an amazing power to reach right down inside me, relax my mind to a state of zenlike calm, and make my whole body zip and tingle.
* "If Lovin' You Is Wrong" by Faithless, because it's a steamy supercharge of a sex song that's great for stripping and biting and starting an afternoon in bed to.
* "Little Fluffy Clouds" by The Orb, because it sums up my years at college spent sitting in fields or in the back of cars smoking pot and eating magic mushrooms.
* Some piece of classical music I don't know the name of, because it's on the Classic FM CD I was listening to in a darkened room in my parent's house, holding my neice only 1 hour after her birth with her dark eyes scanning me and her spirit brilliantly visible.
* "Driftwood" by Travis, because it's one of the songs I was singing tonight at band practice with Oscar, Jorge and Ishmael (I've been out and come back again).

5. What three people are you going to pass this baton to and why?

The first person I tag is definately Angela from Miss Sassafras because she loves stuff like this, and she is dead friendly.

Coco in Tokyo is the second person I want to tag, because I like to have a picture on Japan and she is the best Japanese blogger I have found.

And as for the third person, I'm gonna choose Thomas Le Danois because I actually know him in real life and he's sorta, you know, not a bad bloke and all that.

Over to you guys! :)

Permalink | |