Sunday, February 27, 2005

snow relief
Sunny skies and fresh powder were the order of the morning today, and not before time too. This weekend was spent up in Luchon on a work skiing / snowboarding trip. And I can tell ya, it was exactly what I needed.

It was the first real chance I've had to try out my new board, the Hammer Twilight, for which I just can't say enough good things. I have bought it with Flow boots and bindings and the combo has set my riding style up a treat. My previous board would vibrate at the nose at speed making riding quite unstable, but this one just holds the edges and burns and carves down the piste at stupidfast. Brilliant. It was so much fun.

I also gave some lessons to 5 people. Basically everybody was still learning to turn and people usually have exactly the same problems with that so the advice is simple to give, together with a bit of encouragement. I was talking to three of them on the coach on the way back and they all said that I had helped. That makes me feel good, to have assisted in someone's development.

The combination of my own improvement and helping others has really calmed my heart and mind. It would have been a really hellish week if it wasn't for certain good friends being available when I needed them. Anyway, this week feels like the right one to get myself back into a calmer and more tolerant state of mind after tending to the casualties from the battles I've been fighting recently.

Permalink | |