Friday, December 31, 2004

turning Japanese
Between jet-lag and a hangover, and on an empty stomach waiting to be filled with a Spicy MOS Burger, it's pretty tough to string some words together right now. Aymen and I finally stepped off the plane 12 hours after we left Paris and since then have been whirling about around Tokyo from Shinjuku to Shibuya and back again.

Hanging out here with Ralph and Chika feels so easy it's almost like I never left, except they have two mega-cute kids, Reggie and Mimi. For the moment I am loving the swing of this place, surprised to find how it all comes back so naturally - the chatting, the train catching, the street navigation. A part of me turned a little Japanese over my two years here and it seems it has become hard wired.

Aymen is so blown away with Tokyo that yesterday he had sensory overload and had to shut down with his eyes closed on the train back around to Shinjuku to go to for some food and karaoke with Jerry.

Anyway, I'm off out again. Check out these pics from yesterday. Move your mouse over the image to get the pop-up description. Happy New Year to you all!! Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!!

















Permalink | |