Wednesday, September 15, 2004

insomnia
After the crappiest night's sleep ever last night, I managed to resist the temptation to wander off to the underground parking at work to have a little siesta.

Why the feck was there a damn cricket sitting right outside my window, chirping away for the whole night? What exactly is going on with the local schizophrenic having shouting matches with imaginary people outside my building at 4 in the morning? And why does la mairiƩ have send their vans out at 5 in the morning to clean all the dog shit off the pavements? Arg!

The hour's kip I got after work was one of those where my mind felt like it had finally been released from doing the mental equivalent of Atlas, standing under the world holding it up for an enternity.

I still managed to get up for my first art lesson with Dena though. She was pretty good and definately seems to have a program. We did sketches, trying different shades and learning to gets angles and distances. My favourite bit was speed sketching which was much more fluid, and produced the feeling like I had actually managed to draw something.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Why am I still blogging at twenty past one in the morning?


Permalink | |