Monday, August 23, 2004

having fun is killing me
People are always complaining that their lives are too busy, that they just don’t have enough time to fit in all the things they need to do. Well, my life has not been any different recently, but not for the usual reasons.

Where most people whine about how there’s too much work and not enough social life, I complain that there is too much social life and not enough work. In the last 3 months I think I’ve had only one evening at home, doing nothing.

Partly the reason is that Toulouse is a nice size town. This means that most people are living in the town centre and are within a walking distance of 10-15 minutes of each other.

The other reason is that the ex-pat social network is large, and very well connected. There’s always somebody doing something, and you’ll usually find out about it.

But tonight I’ve had enough and must stay in. I'm gonna drink water and eat salad, and not down beer or munch kebabs!


Permalink | |